Come for a visit and experience the natural wonders of magical Canada!

Millions of people visit Canada each year to explore its natural beauty and to experience its diverse culture. Others travel here for business or to reunite with family. There are several entry options available, depending on the individual’s nationality and purpose for the visit.



Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) – Certain nationalities are required to go through a pre-screen process by IRCC, before allowing them to enter Canada. This process requires you to apply for a TRV. The success of this application is based  on your ability to show strong ties to your home country and your financial stability that allows you to travel to Canada and guarantees to the visa officer, that a you will leave at the end of your permitted stay.

Black compass with needle pointing the country Canada. Conceptual illustration part one of the three best immigration countries.

Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA)All nationalities that are TRV exempt, must obtain an eTA prior to traveling to Canada by air. The application is completed online and in most cases the approval is awarded in just a few minutes, but no later than 72 hours.


Supervisa – If you would like to spend more time in Canada with your parents or grandparents but you are not eligible to sponsor them, or the Sponsorship program is closed at the time, you should consider obtaining a Supervisa for them. This visa, if approved, will have the validity of 10 years and will allow your parents or grandparents to visit you multiple times with up to 2 years of allowed stay each time. There are financial requirements from the inviter and mandatory proof of private medical insurance for the visitors for the duration of their stay.

Business visitor – This temporary visa allows international entrepreneurs to advance their business, invest and grow business relationships in Canada without entering the Canadian job market. Proof of foreign main business income and place of business outside Canada is required. This visa usually allows the businessperson to stay in Canada up to 6 months.

Canada, British Columbia, Russell Island. Rock inukshuk in front of Salt Spring Island.

Visitor status extension – At the time of your entry to Canada, usually the border officer will stamp your arrival date into your passport. He might write an expiry date under the stamp, and that is the date you must leave Canada. If no date is written, only the stamp, you are allowed to stay for six (6) months in Canada as a visitor. If the allowed stay of your Canadian visit is coming to an end and you wish to stay longer, an application to extend your visitor status must be submitted to IRCC before the expiry of your current status.


Restoration of status as a visitor – If you have not left Canada on or before the date determined by IRCC, and you have not submitted an application to extend your stay, then you are out of status in Canada. You must submit an application to restore your status to a visitor within 90 days of your expiry date or you must leave Canada immediately to avoid possible removal proceedings for non-compliance.